Why is it important to coordinate your customer journey analysis project team? And how to do so?
A well-coordinated customer journey analysis project team will be able to work in a more efficient and optimized way towards the success of your project while keeping it on track throughout the progress.
To do so, we recommend you to:
Criteria to consider when choosing a customer journey analysis platform:
Regardless of the chosen project method (Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, etc.), assigning the functions turns out to be essential to efficiently carry your customer journey analysis project out.
We recommend the following structure:
- The champion: its function is to evangelize the key persons within your company by displaying the added value brought by the customer journey analysis project. The champion can be a separate function from the project leader. It makes the project’s overall implementation easier by bringing the teams and stakeholders together.
- The sponsor: senior manager within the structure, its function is to bring financial support to the project.
- The business teams: leaders of the different business units, they are directly impacted by the project and de facto benefit from its spin-offs.
- The users: anyone who can use the analysis tool to monitor the customer journeys and work on their optimization (customer experience director, business analysts, data analysts, journeys manager, etc.)
- Technical staff: members of the teams in charge of collecting and refining data that will be used for the analysis.
A data preparation and structuration step is essential as well to integrate them to a customer journey analysis tool.
This step is crucial in the success of your analysis projects. You can find an article about it, for your technical staff on our blog. In this article we explain step by step the process to follow to succeed in the preparation and integration of your data in a customer journey analysis tool.
Manage the organization and engagement of the stakeholders about the customer journey analysis project.
From the earliest phase and throughout the project, it is essential to organize and engage all the stakeholders about it.
Mentioned below are several elements to set up that you will need to communicate about, in order to succeed in the implementation of your customer journey analysis project:
- Communicate about: the project goals, the customer journey analysis’s added value, each stakeholder’s function, the chosen use case, the defined schedule.
- Providing access to: the analyzed data dictionary, the directory of the stakeholders and their functions in the project.
- Inform the stakeholders about: the different key events of the project (goals and frequency of the workshops/presentations), all the ongoing developments.
Measure the success of customer journey analysis projects.
In the early stages of the project, it is essential to define the goals you want to achieve. It is particularly relevant if this type of project has never been carried out before in your company.
To measure the success of a customer journey analysis project, we recommend you measuring several performance indicators such as:
- The return on investment
- The productivity gains
- The ease of analysis
- The tool’s adoption rate
Overall, it is important to have a clear understanding about who will do what in your customer journey analysis project team and to bring all the stakeholders with you throughout the project and to be accountable to them through monitoring and reporting of the performance indicators. By doing so, you will offer a clear and understanding vision of the ongoing analysis project, not only to your team members but also to all stakeholders which is important for team cohesion.
To learn more about the full steps to follow to succeed in your customer journey analysis project, you can download our white paper here: “Customer journey analysis: 5 key steps to succeed in your projects from A to Z”
If you have missed it, our previous steps about the importance of defining the scope and size your customer journey analysis project and the importance of selecting a relevant use case to address a priority problematic are already online.
Next and final step will be published soon and be about the importance of bringing your company aboard regarding the implementation of customer journey analytics tool. Stay tuned!